Interim Chief Medical Officer
- Prof. Fadia AlBuhairan brings over 20 years of experience to her role as Interim Chief Medical Officer and Chairwoman of the Department of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine at Aldara.
- Before joining Aldara, she was Consultant and Associate Professor at the National Guard Health Affairs and Head of Population Health at King Abdullah International Medical Research Center. Her prior appointments include being Adjunct Associate Professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Head of the Center of Excellence at the National Family Safety Program, and President and founding member of the Arab Coalition for Adolescent Medicine.
- Professor AlBuhairan is double board certified in Pediatrics and completed her Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine from the University of Toronto and SickKids Hospital in Toronto, Canada. She attained an MPH and Certificate in Health Finance and Management from the Johns Hopkins University.
- Professor AlBuhairan is a long-standing member of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine and the International Association for Adolescent Health. She is a founding member and past President of the Arab Coalition for Adolescent Medicine and is the current Vice President of the Saudi Society for Adolescent Health. She is a Professor of Pediatrics at Alfaisal University. She won this year’s 2020 recognition award of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine.
- Frequently called upon as a subject matter expert and thought leader in child, adolescent, and population health, Prof. AlBuhairan serves on several national and international committees and advisory boards.