Neurology is a specialty that involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or impaired function of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, muscles, autonomic nervous system and related blood vessels.
The Neurology team at Aldara Hospital and Medical Center (AHMC) delivers expert consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic services to help ensure prompt diagnosis, care and treatment.
Working collaboratively with various medical specialists, including neurosurgeons, radiologists and psychologists, the Neurology team provides each patient with the best possible treatment in a compassionate and caring environment.
Neurology Conditions and Treatment
Our neurologists provide the highest quality of care associated to varying types of neurological disorders including, but not limited to:
- Neck and back pain
- Migraines and other headache disorders
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Dementias and Alzheimer’s disease
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- Tremor, movement disorders and Parkinson’s
- Neuropathy and muscles disorders
Our procedures include:
- Trigger point injections
- Carpal tunnel injections
- Botox therapeutic injections
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Evoked potentials (sensory, visual and auditory)
In many cases, neurological disorders and their complications are either preventable or can be managed or slowed, if detected at an early stage.