Prof. Fadia S. AlBuhairan
Executive Director of Medical Affairs
Chair of Department in Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine
Consultant in Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine
Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine
Years of Experience:
Credentials & Certifications:
- Saudi & Arab Board in Pediatrics
- Canadian Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine
- Masters in Public Health (Johns Hopkins University)
- Certificate in Health Finance and Management (Johns Hopkins University)
- Dr. AlBuhairan Fadia is a Henry Ford International Medical Affiliate and an Adjunct Professor at Alfaisal University
- Member of the World Health Organization (WHO) Strategic and Technical Advisory Group of Experts (STAGE) for Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (MNCAHN), advising the WHO Director General
- Member of the National Committee on Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health, Center for Disease Control (CDC), Saudi Arabia
- Recipient of multiple awards, including the 2020 Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine Award
- Vice President, and Founding member and Past President of the Arab Coalition for Adolescent Health and Medicine
- Previous Vice President of the Saudi Society for Adolescent Health
- Previously Adjunct Associate Professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University (USA)
- Principle Investigator of the national study (Jeeluna) on Adolescent Health in KSA; this has generated the evidence on the status of adolescents’ health in the country, which has been utilized to inform policy and decision making.
- Founded the first Adolescent Health Clinic in Saudi Arabia and Arab region
- Dr. AlBuhairan is regularly invited as a guest speaker and has presented 140 abstracts and talks at national, regional, and international meetings and conferences.
- Authored, co-authored and edited publications, books and book chapters about children and adolescents.